Cognitive Skills and Process
The cognitive skills and process area reflects the goal for SMLR programs to help students develop skills central to lifelong learning and participation in society and the workplace.
- Written & Oral Communication - Communicate effectively at a level and in modes appropriate to an entry level professional
- Quantitative Skills - Apply appropriate quantitative and qualitative methods for research workplace issues
- Research Skills - Demonstrate an ability to collect, analyze, and synthesize information to make logical and informed decisions impacting the workplace
Knowledge of Theory, Practice and Application
The knowledge of theory and application area reflects the goal for SMLR programs to ensure that students learn the key theoretical and foundation areas of study in their domains and realize opportunities to apply that knowledge to practice situations
- Theoretical Perspective - Demonstrate an understanding of relevant theories and apply them given the background context of a particular work situation.
- Understanding Context - Evaluate the context of workplace issues, public policies, and management decisions.
- Application - Demonstrate an understanding of how to apply knowledge necessary for effective work performance.
- Professional Development – Demonstrate an ability to interact with and influence others in a professional manner
SMLR Learning Categories
|580||HR I||I, IV|
|590||HR II||I, IV|
|680||HR III||I, II, IV|
|690||HR IV||I, IV, II, III, V|
|635||Rewards||I, II, IV, VI|
|565||Econ and Demo||I, IV, V|
|542||Data Base Decisions||II, VI|
|566||Employment Law||I, V, VI|
|533||Workforce Flow||I, IV, V,VI|
|685||Creating/ Managing Change||I, IV, VI|
|634||Developing Human Capital||I, IV, V, VI|
|610||Internal Consulting||I, IV, V, VI|
|614||Green HR||I, IV, VI, V|
|614||Career Development||I, VII|
|612||Organizational Learning||I, IV, VI|
|616||Diversity||I, V, VI|
|614||Law, ADA, Special Topics||I, V, VI|
|636||Corporate Governance||I, V, VI|
|613||HR and Innovation||I, IV, VI|
|617||Social Networking||I, IV, VI|