Visit our Graduate Certificate Programs page to learn more about SMLR Certificate Programs and how to apply.
MLER graduate level courses and four-course graduate certificates offered online include:
Diversity and Inclusion Courses
- 38:533:566 or 37:575:315G Employment Law (3) [Required]
- 38:578:510 The Inclusive Workplace (3)
- 38:578:541 Women and Work (3)
- 38:578:511 Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace (3)
- 38:578:666 Asian American Workers in a Global Context (3)
Earn the Graduate Certificate in Diversity and Workplace Inclusion by completing Employment Law and any three other courses above.
Leading Organizational Change Courses
- 38:578:543 Organizational Leadership & Change Management (3) [Required]
- 38:578:544 Creating & Sustaining a Learning Organization (3) [Required]
- 38:578:510 The Inclusive Workplace (3)
- 38:578:605 Action Research (3)
- 19:910:539 Community Organization (3)
Earn the Graduate Certificate in Leading Organizational Change by completing the required courses and any two of a number of other courses, some of which are online, as indicated by an (*). Community Organization is offered through the School of Social Work. Electives are below.
The other two course to complete the certificate can be selected by the student from a number of courses in the MLER program, the MHRM program, or other Rutgers partner programs.
- 38:578:504 Leadership in Work Organizations (MLER)* or 38:533:613:01 Selected Problems – Leadership (MHRM program) or 17:194:540 Organizational Leadership (SC&I). Organizational Leadership is currently hybrid.
- 38:578:605 Action Research (MLER)*, or 38:578:503 Problem Solving Tools at Work (MLER), or 38:578:604 Creating & Administering Surveys (MLER)
- 38:533:610 Selected Problems – Internal Consulting Skills (MHRM)
- 38:533:685 Strategic Organizational Change (MHRM)
- 17:194:501 Topics: Communication and Organizational Change (SC&I)
- 19:910:539 Community Organization (SSW)*. This course is currently online.
- 38:578:556 Organizational Design and Structure (MLER)
- 38:578:510 The Inclusive Workplace* (MLER). This course is currently online.
- 38:578:515 Conflict Resolution in the Workplace (MLER)
- 38:578:505 Negotiation (MLER)
- 38:578:508 Team and Group Process Facilitation (MLER). This course is currently hybrid.
- 15:230:501 Leadership and Communication Skills Education Supervision (GSE)
- 15:230:604 Organizational Theory in Education (GSE)
- 15:230:609 Leading for Social Justice (GSE)
- 15:507:530 Higher Education Leadership (GSE)
- 34:833:572 Negotiation and Conflict Resolution (EJBSPP)
Employment Relations Courses
- 38:578:550 Labor Law (3)
- 38:578:612 Labor/Employment History (3)
- 38:578:562 International/Comparative Labor & Employment Relations (3)
- 38:578:560 Collective Bargaining (3)
- 38:578:506 Theories of Labor & Employment Relations (3)
Earn the Graduate Certificate in Labor and Employment Relations by completing any four of the courses above.
Additional Graduate level LSER Online Courses
- 38:578:500 Introductory Seminar (3)
- 38:578:502 Writing in Employment Relations (3)
- 38:578:XXX Topics: Organizational Behavior (3)
- 37:575:325G Economics of the Employment Relationship (3)
- 38:578:527 Economics & Public Policy in a Global Context (3) – under development
- 38:578:XXX Qualitative Research Methods in Employment Relations – under development
* Students who earn one of our Graduate Certificates or who take other online graduate courses can earn credits that will count toward our Master's in Labor and Employment Relations program!
Undergraduate Courses (37s) – LSER
- 37:575:100 Introduction to Labor Studies and Employment (3)
- 37:575:201 US Labor & Work Before the End of Reconstruction (3)
- 37:575:202 History of Labor & Work in the US 1880-1945 (3)
- 37:575:203 Work & Labor History 1940-Present in the U.S. (3)
- 37:575:207 New Jersey Labor History (3)
- 37:575:215 Youth and Work (3)
- 37:575:300 Writing in Employment Relations (3)
- 37:575:303 Black Workers in American Society (3)
- 37:575:307 Latino Workers in the US (3)
- 37:575:309 Working Women in American Society (3)
- 37:575:310 Labor Relations in Professional Sports (3)
- 37:575:314 Collective Bargaining (3)
- 37:575:315 Employment Law (3)
- 37:575:318 Leadership in Work Organizations (3)
- 37:575:325 Economics of the Employment Relationship (3)
- 37:575:338 Occupational Safety & Health (3)
- 37:624:345 Organizational Behavior & Work (3)
- 37:575:357 Social Movements, Social Change and Work (3)
- 37:624:364 Diversity in the Workplace (3)
- 37:575:366 Asian American Workers (3)
- 37:575:367 Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace (3)
- 37:575:368 Professional Development Strategies (3)
- 37:575:395 Perspectives on Labor Studies (3)
Undergraduate 1-Credit Courses - LSER
- 37:575:191 Short Topics: Information Literacy (1)
- 37:575:297 Religion in the Workplace (1)
- 37:575:298 Social Media in the Workplace (1)
Graduate Courses (38s) – HRM
- 38:533:580 HR Strategy I (3)
- 38:533:540 Financial Decisions (3)
Undergraduate Courses (37s) – HRM
- 37:533:301 Intro to HR (3)
- 37:575:191 Special Topics: Social Media (3)
We add new courses each term. If you don't find what you're looking for, please contact us.