Recent Academic Conference Presentations | Selected Invited Presentations
Recent Academic Conference Presentations
Methot, J. R., Rosado-Solomon, E., & Levin, D. Friend and foe? The psychological and social network effects of ambivalent relationships.
- Presented in the “Relational Ambivalence at Work” symposium (Chair: K. E. Ingram) at the Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Anaheim, August 2016.
- Presented at the Positive Relationships at Work Microcommunity, Cornell University, June 2016.
- Presented at the 7th Intra-Organizational Networks (ION) Conference, Lexington, KY, 2014.
Methot, J. R., Downes, P., Levin, D., & Sharma, P. Peer ties and voice: The effects of constructive voice on liking and competence perceptions. Presented in the “Extending the Nomological Network of Voice: Antecedents, Contingencies, and Outcomes of Speaking Up” Showcase symposium (Chairs: M. L. Frazier & R. Frieder) at the Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Vancouver, August 2015.
Methot, J. R., & LePine, J. A. The impact of ambivalent friendships on network brokerage, network turbulence, and work engagement. Presented in the “Experiences and Outcomes of Ambivalence in Interpersonal Workplace Relationships” Showcase symposium (Chairs: J. Methot & N. Rothman) at the Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Philadelphia, PA, August 2014.
Methot, J. R., & LePine, J. A. Unpacking the functions of positive workplace relationships: Building and testing a theory of workplace friendships and their link to job performance.
- Poster presented at 29th Annual Conference for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Honolulu, HI. May 2014.
- Presented in the “Positive Relationships at Work: Expanding the Empirical Foundations of an Emerging Research Stream” symposium (Chairs: K. Rogers & E. Heaphy) at the Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Lake Buena Vista, August 2013.
Methot, J. R., Shah, N. P., & Parker, A. Network responsiveness: A theory of the coevolution of formal and informal organizational networks. Presented at the 6th Intra-Organizational Networks (ION) Conference, Lexington, KY, 2014.
Methot, J. R., Lepak, D. Boswell, W. R., & Glomb, T. M. Organizational citizenship behavior and burnout: The joint role of time and group dynamics. Presented in the “Linking Seemingly Desirable Organizational Phenomena and Dysfunctional Outcomes across Contexts and Levels of Analysis” symposium (Chair: J. R. Methot), Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Boston, August 2012.
Methot, J. R., & Cole, M. S. Peer Mentoring: A longitudinal analysis of next generation leaders and their developmental networks.
- Presented at the 5th Intra-Organizational Networks (ION) Conference, Lexington, KY, 2012.
- Presented at the 32nd Annual International Sunbelt Social Network Conference, Redondo Beach, CA, 2012.
Selected Invited Presentations
“Networked HRM.” Presentation at the 25th Annual Garden State Council SHRM Conference, Atlantic City, NJ, September 2016.
“The Space between Good and Bad: The Psychological and Social Network Effects of Ambivalent Relationships.” Presentation at Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, May 2016.
“Friend and foe? The Psychological and Social Network Effects of Ambivalent Friendships.” Presentation at the 21st Annual Wharton OB Conference, Philadelphia, PA, November 2015.
“The Value of Analyzing and Managing Organizational Networks.” Presentation to Johnson & Johnson Corporate HR Executive Team, New Brunswick, NJ, June 5, 2015.
“’The Plight of Young Scholars’: A ‘Coin Toss’ or a Case for Resiliency?” Management and International Net-workshop. University of Zurich, Department of Business, October 12, 2014.
“Navigating and Leveraging Your Social Networks for Job Growth.” Professional Service Group of Central New Jersey, Somerville, NJ, May 20, 2013.
“Social Networks: An Overview, Research, and Implications.” State Advisory Council, New Brunswick, NJ, May 10, 2011.