Registration for 2020-2021 Courses is Now Open!
Click here for schedule
A complex and ever-changing set of federal and state laws govern the American workplace. Union representatives must understand basic provisions of these laws and how they interact with collective bargaining agreements in order to protect their members’ rights in the workplace. The Employment and Workplace Law Certificate Program will address the following issues:
- When is unequal treatment actually illegal discrimination and harassment?
- What rights to accommodation at work do disabled union members have?
- Under what conditions is a member entitled to family and medical leave?
- What rights do union members have when they are injured on the job?
- How do First Amendment rights apply in employment?
- What rights does one have for privacy at work?
- How is social media impacting the workplace?
Registration: Click here to register
A per-class registration fee of $270 includes all materials. Class size may be limited. Registration made within 3 business days of the class date will be subject to a late registration fee of $25.00 per person. Pre-registration and payment are required to guarantee seats. For online registration, we accept credit cards (Visa or MasterCard) and e-checks. If you cannot use this form of payment, please call 848-932-9504.
Schedule and Location: Click here for schedule
All classes will be taught remotely from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Participants must complete six courses to receive the Labor and Employment Law Certificate. While the program begins in September, learners may enroll in individual courses at any time.
New Jersey Mandatory Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) 6 Hours
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) .5 CEUs
No refunds will be issued. Cancellations made three business days prior to the date of a class will receive full credit toward any future courses offered by LEARN at Rutgers University. There will be a $75 fee for all other cancellations, and the remaining credit can be applied toward any future LEARN courses.