The School of Management and Labor Relations Career Services Office provides comprehensive career development for all students and alumni of the school. We are dedicated to helping individuals throughout their career journey to help them not only find a job, but a meaningful career in the fields of human resources and labor and employment relations. Our career services staff works with each student and alumni to craft an individualized career action plan, and provides helpful advice on achieving professional goals and milestones. We also provide opportunities for professional advancement through employer information sessions, company visits, career fairs, and career-related presentations.
Career Development Services:
- Resume and Cover Letter Review
- LinkedIn Profile Development
- Salary Negotiation
- On-Campus Interviewing
- Career Counseling
- Informational Interviewing
- Interviewing Skills and Mock Interviewing
- Employer and Alumni Engagement
- Information Sessions and Career Development Programming
- Job and Internship Search
- Mentorship Program
Update as of 3/10/20:
SMLR Career Services remains available to our students and alumni through virtual career advising. If you would like assistance reviewing your resume, cover letter, internship/job search strategy, or interviewing techniques, please continue to schedule appointments via Handshake. Appointments will be held either via phone or video chat via Webex. When you schedule an appointment, please leave a comment with your cell phone number and select “video call” so a career advisor can call you at the scheduled time. If you would like to speak with an advisor about a resume/cover letter review, please email us your resume/cover letter prior to your scheduled appointment.
Utilize Rutgers Handshake to:
- Schedule career advising appointments;
- Register for upcoming programs and fairs;
- Access online tools via the resource section (e.g, self-assessment tools, mock interview systems, industry guides and career information, etc.);
- View and apply for internship and job listings (read our fraudulent posting warning);
- Participate in the On-Campus Interviewing Program
There are two ways to access Handshake:
- Mobile App: Apple iOS device users can download the Handshake app via the Apple App Store. Discover jobs on the go and respond to employers the moment they message you. Android and other devices are currently in development by the vendor.
- Web Browser: Visit rutgers.joinhandshake.com to access Handshake from any web browser using a valid NetID and password. Alumni, if you do not remember your Rutgers ID, please visit the Rutgers ID Query webpage to obtain your nine-digit RUID here.