Our goal is to provide excellent career service to all SMLR undergraduate and graduate students as well as program alumni. Our staff members work closely with students to create individual career plans and set attainable goals. We collaborate with employers who are looking to hire human resources and labor relations professionals.
University Career Services at Rutgers-New Brunswick is pleased to announce our transition from CareerKnight (Symplicity) to the Rutgers Handshake platform.
Access to Rutgers Handshake is available to all Rutgers University-New Brunswick current students and alumni as well as certain partnering departments from other Rutgers campuses.
Utilize Rutgers Handshake to:
- Schedule career advising appointments;
- Register for upcoming programs and fairs;
- Access online tools via the resource section (e..g, self-assessment tools, mock interview systems, industry guides and career information, etc.);
- View and apply for internship and job listings (read our fraudulent posting warning);
- Participate in the On-Campus Interviewing Program; and
- much more
There are two ways to access Handshake:
- Mobile App: Apple iOS device users can download the Handshake app via the Apple App Store. Discover jobs on the go and respond to employers the moment they message you. Android and other devices are currently in development by the vendor.
- Web Browser: Visit rutgers.joinhandshake.com to access Handshake from any web browser using a valid NetID and password. Alumni, if you do not remember your Rutgers ID, please visit the Rutgers ID Query web page to obtain your nine-digit RUID (here).
At Rutgers University international students represent 12% of the student population and come from more than 100 countries. Companies can benefit from a diverse talent pool, while international students are able to provide value and a competitive advantage. Learn more about internships and full-time work for international students as well as resources for employers.
SMLR Career Services Staff
Our staff is dedicated to helping SMLR students to succeed. We invite you to contact us.
We encourage you to attend our events.
You can also view all SMLR events.