The SMLR Alumni & Friends Association
Who We Are
Our alumni association is a community of alumni, practitioners in the fields of labor relations and human resources, and friends who share an affinity with SMLR. We:
- sponsor free educational programs, led by faculty and other leaders in the field.
- host networking events.
- are active supporters of SMLR’s mentoring program for graduate students. This program is offered through our Mentoring Network and comprised of mentors from our alumni community and Rutgers University Society of Human Resource Management (RU SHRM).
- have an endowed scholarship to assist future SMLR students financially in their academic endeavors.
SMLR Alumni Association Executive Committee
The SMLR Alumni Association Executive Committee leads the planning and execution of activities specifically for alumni and friends of SMLR. They welcome alumni to join them at the SMLR Alumni Association general meetings and to provide input on activities that support our SMLR community. The 2017-2018 Alumni Association Executive Committee members are:
- Melissa Daniel, MLER '01, Chair
- Tennille R. McCoy, MLER '08, President
- John Castella, MLER '12, Vice President
- Mike Dragun, BALSER '94, MLER '96, Vice President, Communications
- Syndi Watkins, BAHRM '15, Secretary/Treasurer
- Fatima Zouhour, BAHRM '15, Online Communications Lead
- Tracy Ng, BAHRM '15, Alumni Association Membership Recruitment Lead
If you'd like to participate in our events and connect with community members, contact Divine Tabios, SMLR Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org