Transferring to SMLR

We welcome transfer students to all our undergraduate programs. Students wishing to graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Labor and Employment Relations must transfer to SMLR.

Students wanting a Bachelor of Arts degree in Human Resource Management or a Bachelor of Arts in Labor Studies and Employment Relations should not transfer to SMLR – they must be students in the School of Arts and Sciences.

If you've attended a college or university after graduating from high school, you are considered a transfer student. 

Transferring from Outside Rutgers

To Apply: Students must submit an online application for external transfer through Rutgers Admissions. Visit the application/admission timetable for information on deadlines. 

Application Inquiries: Transfer applications are processed by Rutgers Admissions. You should be able to find most information through Rutgers Admissions websites including additional information for international applicants. For questions about your application status or other issues related to the application process, please consult with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions directly.

Transferring from Within Rutgers

Currently matriculated students at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, Camden or Newark) may submit an online application through Rutgers Admissions School-to-School Transfer webpage. The School to School transfer application is NOT permitted for non-matriculated (non-degree) students at Rutgers University – they should apply to Rutgers Admissions as if they are transferring from outside Rutgers. 

Students must complete a minimum of 24 college credits before the transfer, either from Rutgers or from other universities.

Previous Rutgers Students

Students who were previously undergraduates and who wish to return to Rutgers for a degree in Labor and Employment Relations should apply through the Re-enrollment Application, whether this would be their first or second Rutgers degree.

If you have questions or wish to discuss what to do in another situation, please contact Professor Paula Voos at