SMLR and the school’s faculty and staff have appeared in more than 250 news articles since May 2017. Highlights (in order of publication) include:
- The Los Angeles Daily News and its sister newspapers quoted Professor David Bensman in an article about the hardships facing port truckers.
- Talent Economy interviewed Assistant Professor Sanghee Park about the latest trends in raises.
- Distinguished Professors Joseph Blasi and Doug Kruse co-authored op-eds for Fortune and Tribune News Service drawing on their employee ownership research. Blasi also penned a column for The Huffington Post about universal basic income.
- CNBC quoted Professor Dana Britton, Director of the Center for Women and Work, in a story about millennial women falling deeper into debt than male counterparts.
- Bloomberg quoted Associate Professor Janice Fine in articles about unions standing up to ICE and confronting sexual harassment in their top ranks.
- CBS 2 News in New York City interviewed Associate Professor Jessica Methot for a TV story about companies accepting job applications via social media platforms.
- The Boston Globe quoted Professor Charles Heckscher in a story about the proliferation of modern office communication tools.
- NJTV aired a five-minute interview with Professor Bill Castellano about the launch of the NJ/NY Center for Employee Ownership. NJBIZ, Nonprofit Quarterly, and other publications also covered the Center’s launch, quoting Castellano and Assistant Director Jim Terez.
- WPFW Radio in Washington DC conducted a live interview with Acting Dean Adrienne Eaton about Informal Workers: A Global Perspective, the book she co-edited with SMLR Distinguished Professor Sue Schurman and their colleague Martha Chen.
- News 12 New Jersey interviewed Assistant Teaching Professor James Cooney for a story about the legal options available to victims of workplace sexual harassment. Cooney was also interviewed by Rutgers Today.
Governor Chris Christie and Rutgers President Robert Barchi hosted a press conference to announce SMLR’s new Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) apprenticeship program, offered through the New Jersey Healthcare Talent Development Center. WNBC-TV in New York City aired stories in its 6pm and 11pm newscasts on December 12, 2017. Gannett, NJ Spotlight, and others provided online and print coverage.
For a complete listing of our news coverage, visit SMLR in the News.