This page contains SMLR student advising and career services contact information along with university announcements and resources.
Universitywide Communications and Resources
Announcements and information from the Rutgers University administration:
- Message from Chancellor Molloy: Spring 2021 Semester Update
- Main University COVID-19 Webpage and Resources
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Resources
- Information for International Students
- Campus Status Webpage
Includes Frequently Asked Questions about academics, housing, student life, costs and financial aid, and health and safety
Health and Wellness Information
- Resources for an Uncertain Time - counseling and wellness services
- Rutgers University COVID-19 Information Website - health and safety information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 webpage - information on steps to prevent illness, symptoms, and common questions
SMLR Student Advising Resources
Student counselors and career specialists are available to assist you remotely. Student services contacts are listed below for each of SMLR's academic departments. Where there are multiple contacts listed, please refrain from emailing more than one individual with your request or question.
- Human Resource Management Department
- Labor Studies and Employment Relations Department
- Ph.D. Program in Industrial Relations and Human Resources
Michael Sturman, Director
Allison Kushner, Student Counselor
Hanbo Shim, Student Representative
Justin Vinton, Student Representative
- SMLR Library (Carey Library) in the Labor Education Center
The SMLR Library in the Labor Education Center is closed, but Julie Peters can be contacted for remote assistance.
Julie Peters, Library Director
- SMLR Career Services
Len Garrison, Associate Director
Carlos Flores, Career Management Specialist
Jacqueline Maginnis, Career Management Specialist
Note from SMLR Career Services: SMLR Career Services is available to provide virtual career advising. If you would like assistance reviewing your resume, cover letter, internship/job search strategy, or interviewing techniques, please continue to schedule appointments via Handshake. Appointments will be held either via phone or video chat via Webex. When you schedule an appointment, please leave a comment with your cell phone number and select “video call” so a career advisor can call you at the scheduled time. If you would like to speak with an advisor about a resume/cover letter review, please email us your resume/cover letter prior to your scheduled appointment.
Additional Information for Students
- All undergraduate students are invited to participate in the Tools for Wellbeing COVID-19 National Study of Undergraduate Students, a study being conducted by SMLR associate professor Tracy F. H. Chang to evaluate the effectiveness of simple yoga tools for the wellbeing of undergraduate students during COVID-19. Learn more.
- Technology Resources for Students
- Webex Getting Started Guide for Students