Rutgers SMLR's Center for Global Work and Employment and School of Labor and Human Resources of Renmin University at China jointly held the center's 2nd annual conference in Beijing, July 14-16, 2017. The conference theme was Work and Employment in the Platform Economy. The center's director, Professor Mingwei Liu and Renmin's Dea Professor Weiguo Yang chaired this conference, with more than 300 participants from China, the U.S., Germany, United Kingdom and Australia.
Call for Conference Papers (CLOSED)
View the call for conference papers for information about the key questions from this event.
- Ursula Huws, Professor at Hertfordshire Business School
- Arne L. Kalleberg, Professor at the University of North Carolina
- Wilma B. Liebman, Former Chairman of the U.S. National Labor Relations Board
- Xiangmin Liu, Professor at Rutgers University
- Jack Qui, Professor at the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Uma Rani Umara, Senior Economist, International Labor Organization
- Bernd Waas, Chair Professor at Goethe University of Frankfurt, Faculty of Law
**Officials from the Chinese Ministry of Human Resources&Social Security and Managers from the Chinese platform companies such as Alibaba, Didi and Wuba also attended.
|Conference Session||Wilma B. Liebman||Arne L. Kalleberg|
|Mingwei Liu||Xiangmin Liu||Weiguo Yang|