Rutgers SMLR's Center for Global Work and Employment and School of Labor and Human Resources of Renmin University of China jointly held the center's 4th annual conference in Beijing, May 31-June 1, 2019. Welcoming remarks were delivered by the center's director, Professor Mingwei Liu and Weiguo Yang, Dean and Professor, Remnin University of China. The theme of this year's conference was Digital Economy and Future of Work.
- How Should We Prepare for the Impact of Automation on Jobs?
- Are Grocery Store Workers in Trouble? E-Commerce, New Food Delivery Channels and the Future of Food Retail in the U.S.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Digitalisation and Other New Technologies: What is the Future of Work
- The Legal Status of Platform Workers: Employees or Independent Contractors?
- Industrial Upgrading and Legal Adjustment of Employment Relations
- The Transformation of Traditional Manufacture Industry and the Formation of Industrial Workers' Skills
- New Models of Employment and Employee Involvement
- The Emotional Response of the Public to the Development of AI: An Emotional Analysis Method Based on Microblog Text
- The Impact of Robotization on Labor Relations of Manufacturing Enterprises
- How Does Automation Change Workshop Work: an Empirical Study on Auto Parts Enterprises in the Pearl River Delta of China