Prepare for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® certifications with the Rutgers Project Management Exam Prep program.
The PMP® credential is the most important industry recognized certification for managers. Globally recognized and demanded, the PMP® demonstrates that you have the experience, education, and competency to lead and direct projects.
The CAPM® is a valuable certification for project practitioners which is designed for those with entry level experience. CAPM® demonstrates an understanding of the fundamental knowledge, terminology, and processes of effective project management.
Taught by a PMP® credentialed instructor, materials used in this program are aligned with the Project Management Institute's (PMI)® A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) - Sixth Edition. This 3-day workshop will enhance your project management skills throughout any project’s life cycle from project initiation to closing, as well as provide an increased awareness of professional responsibility.
Who Should Attend:
- Team members and subject matter experts looking to develop their professional skills
- Experienced project managers looking to enhance their project management skills
- Current and future project managers interested in solidifying their project management knowledge by preparing for the PMP® or CAPM® certification exam
- Gain in-demand skills and a comprehensive review of project management key concepts, processes, tools, and techniques, including applications.
- Learn effective test taking techniques and the process to apply and prepare for the PMP® and CAPM® exams
- Understand the growing importance of agile, adaptive and iterative practices with emerging trends and tailoring considerations
- Access to the program slides, text book, sample tests, electronic flashcards, and glossary of terms which complement the in-class instruction and learning-based activities
- Acquire the knowledge and confidence to take the next step in your career through this hands-on program
- Receive a university issued professional certificate
- Earn 18 Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Complete 19.5 hours of project management education.
Rutgers is proud to be a Registered Education Provider (REP), as recognized by PMI®.
Three days; 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
June 13-15, 2018
Entire Program - $2095
All program materials will be housed on Rutgers Learning Management System called Sakai. Participants are encouraged to bring an iPad, laptop or other device that will allow you to view the materials in PDF format during each session. If you don't have a device you can download and print the materials prior to the program.
10% Alumni Discount (check box on registration form)
Group and Corporate Discounts Available; contact EPE.
PMI, PMBOK, PMP and CAPM are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
(All modules must be completed for this program. These modules are not offered for individual registration)
Meet the Requirements to Take the PMP® or CAPM® Certification Exam
Effective Learning and Study Techniques
Project Management Framework
Enterprise Environment and Organizational Process
Role of a Project Manager
Schedule and Time Management
Cost and Budget Management
Risk and Opportunity Management
Procurement and Project Closing
Professional and Social Responsibilities/Industry Expectations
Short and Long Term Value of Professional Networking