The Essential Management Skills Online program examines the many foundational areas that enhance the development of new and existing managers. This self-paced learning experience is comprised of the nine modules listed below. Take individual modules of your choice or complete all nine to receive your certificate.
- Mastering the Managerial Role
- Communicating for Results
- Building Effective Work Relationships
- Building a Positive and Motivating Work Environment
- Managing Employee Performance
- Coaching for Optimal Performance
- Building and Managing an Effective Team
- Resolving Conflicts Across the Organization
- Engaging the Workforce through Innovation and Change
Who Should Attend:
New and existing managers, as well as those who aspire to take on these responsibilities in the near future. The modules in this program are also highly relevant for seasoned managers and team leaders who have extensive on-the-job experience, but are looking to develop proficiency in key areas. If you are in a managerial role, or seeking to assume or transition into a managerial role, this program is for you!
Gain the fundamental skills needed to be an effective manager in today's competitive workplace. The modules within the Essential management Skills Online program will assist new and existing managers in building their “managerial toolbox” including but not limited to tips, strategies, and techniques to confidently progress towards career advancement.
In this program, you will learn to:
- Manage the performance management process
- Build and manage an effective work team
- Implement the 6 step coaching model
- Analyze performance and develop improvement plans
- Implement management strategies to promote employee engagement and retention
- Determine the appropriate leadership style to motivate employees and teams
Online - 2nd Quarter 2018
To receive a certificate of completion, participants must complete all nine modules.
$199 per module
Rutgers Alumni and Staff receive a 10% discount. Contact us for discount code.