The Essential Management Skills Certificate Program examines the many foundational areas that enhance the development of new and existing managers. This learning experience is comprised of the eight modules listed below. All four days and eight modules must be completed to receive an Essential Management Skills Program Certificate of Completion.
- Mastering the Managerial Role
- Communicating for Results
- Building a Positive and Motivating Work Environment
- Analyzing Performance Problems
- Coaching for Optimal Performance
- Building and Managing an Effective Team
- Resolving Conflicts Across the Organization
- Engaging the Workforce through Innovation and Change
Who Should Attend
New and existing managers, as well as those who aspire to take on these responsibilities in the near future. The modules in this program are also highly relevant for seasoned managers and team leaders who have extensive on-the-job experience, but are looking to develop proficiency in key areas. If you are in a managerial role, or seeking to assume or transition into a managerial role, this program is for you!
Gain the fundamental skills needed to be an effective manager in today's competitive workplace. The sessions within the Essential Management Skills Certificate Program will assist new and existing managers with building their “managerial toolbox” including but not limited to tips, strategies, and techniques to confidently progress towards career advancement. At the end of each module, you will have the opportunity to create an action learning plan that can be implemented back on the job.
In this program, you will learn to:
- Manage the performance management process
- Build and manage an effective work team
- Implement the 6 step coaching model
- Analyze performance and develop improvement plans
- Implement management strategies to promote employee engagement and retention
- Determine the appropriate leadership style to motivate employees and teams
Four consecutive days; in-person
This program can be delivered onsite at your facility with a minimum cohort of 10 participants.
September 23-26, 2019
Rutgers Alumni and Staff receive a 10% discount.
To receive a certificate of completion, participants must complete all eight modules