Co-sponsored by the Center for Women and Work (CWW) and the Institute for Women’s Leadership, Women Investing in and Guiding Students (WINGS) is an eight month college-to-career mentoring program designed to link selected Rutgers undergraduate women with successful professionals in a mentoring . Through an eight-month relationship, WINGS students build a network of valuable professional connections, develop skills to become more valuable to an organization and learn how to contribute to the unique social environment of the workplace.
Students accepted into WINGS will receive one credit offered by the Labor Studies department of the School of Management & Labor Relations issued at the end of the spring semester of the program year.
What can WINGS do for you?
- Build a network of valuable professional connections
- Gain an understanding about workplace culture, organizational structure and work/life balance issues
- Have the opportunity to explore a field of interest through exposure to a professional woman in that field
- Attend professional development workshops
Who should apply?
Students who are going into their sophomore, junior, senior, or 5th year in the 2019-20 academic year with a 2.5 GPA or higher should apply. Students graduating in January 2020 are not eligible for the program. All majors are welcome.
What are the program requirements?
- Students must commit to meeting and communicating with their assigned mentor(s)
- Students are expected to attend all program events and workshops
- Students must register for the Short Topics on Work one credit course in the spring semester
How can you apply?
To apply to the program please submit the following:
- Your résumé
- Two-page typed essay reflecting on the role of a mentor, three things you would like to learn from a mentoring relationship, and what you would like to achieve from participating in the program.
- Two letters of recommendation from a professor, an employer, an adviser, or someone who can speak to your academic capacity, work ethic, and character.
Please Note: Letters of recommendation should be addressed to the "WINGS Mentoring Program Selection Committee” and must be sent directly from the recommender to Ludine Daux, WINGS Program Coordinator, via email or mail.
The completed application including the application form, resume, and essay should be sent via email to Ludine Daux. The application deadline is March 15.
Who are the corporate sponsors?
Our WINGS corporate partners provide funding, leadership and mentoring expertise to make the program possible. Our 2018- 2019 partners are Johnson & Johnson and Wells Fargo.
- Johnson & Johnson is the world's premier consumer health company that embraces research and science, bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Please visit jnj.com for more company information.
- Wells Fargo is a diversified financial services company that provides a broad range of retail banking and brokerage, asset and wealth management, and corporate and investment banking products and services. Please visit wellsfargo.com for more company information.
If you are interested in becoming a corporate sponsor, download our guide.
WINGS Program Coordinator