We welcome transfer students to all our undergraduate programs. Students wishing to graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Labor and Employment Relations (LER) must transfer to SMLR.
The BS – LER degree opens the door to many possible jobs.
- Many who earn a Bachelor’s can move to higher level jobs where they now work.
- You’ll have a choice of career paths ranging from management to representing workers.
- If you are interested in Human Resource Management, you can double major or minor.
- Our dedicated SMLR Career Services, along with Rutgers Career Services, will help you get started after you graduate.
The BS in LER is a student-centered program.
- You’ll have access to dedicated academic advisors in the daytime and evening.
- We offer pre-admission advising and credit evaluation.
- Flexible scheduling options including daytime, evening, online, and off-campus courses.
- The Labor Education Center on the Cook/Douglass Campus offers a student lounge, vending machines, library, wireless access, as well as convenient parking.
You can earn a Master’s degree with just one extra year of study.
- LER students with a good academic record can earn a Master’s degree in Labor & Employment relations with just one extra year of study.
You’ll have a lot of choice of what to study – consider any or all …
- Work organization and Management
- Diversity in the workplace
- Law in the workplace
- Unions and social movements
- Work and globalization
Contact Talia Schank, 848-932-1749, or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the BS program in Labor and Employment Relations.
Transferring from Outside Rutgers
Application Inquiries: Transfer applications are processed by Rutgers Admissions. You should be able to find most information through Rutgers Admissions websites including additional information for international applicants. For questions about your application status, please consult with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions directly.
Transferring from Within Rutgers
Currently matriculated students at Rutgers University (New Brunswick, Camden or Newark) may submit an online school-to-school transfer application through Rutgers Admissions School-to-School Transfer webpage upon reviewing the criteria for admissions. The school-to-school transfer application is NOT permitted for non-matriculated (non-degree) students at Rutgers University – they should apply to Rutgers Admissions as if they are transferring from outside Rutgers. Students must complete a minimum of 12 Rutgers degree credits before the transfer.
Previous Rutgers Students
Students who were previously undergraduates and who wish to return to Rutgers for a degree in Labor and Employment Relations should apply through the Re-enrollment Application, whether this would be their first or second Rutgers degree.
If you have questions or wish to discuss what to do in another situation, please contact Professor Paula Voos at email@example.com.
For More Information
Contact the undergraduate advisors, Amy Marchitto at firstname.lastname@example.org or 848-932-8559 and Talia Schank at email@example.com or 848-932-1749 or the Director of Student Services, Akhila Naik, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 848-932-1981.