The SMLR State Advisory Council (SAC)
The SMLR State Advisory Council (SAC) is a select group of advisors who provide the Dean and the executive leadership team with insights and perspectives on the goals & priorities of Rutgers School of Management and Labor Relations.
Established by the statute that created the original Institute of Management and Labor Relations in 1947, the SAC is composed of representatives and leaders from management, labor and the public. Members are regionally or nationally prominent in their field with a strong background in public service and community engagement. They are nominated by the Dean and appointed by the Rutgers Board of Governors. Council members serve two to three-year terms, with the option to renew at the discretion of the Dean.
The SAC serves a critical role in linking the School’s strategic objectives and activities with the interests of external constituents and stakeholders. The SAC’s primary goal is to provide advice to the school’s leadership on strategic direction and in the development of programs and curricula that will have a positive impact on management practice, union practice, public policy and society at large.
The SAC is convened and led by the Dean and typically meets twice a year. Utilizing available technology, meetings can be in person or virtual. Meetings are primarily to review and provide feedback on school activities with a particular focus on community engagement, the future of work as it relates to our fields of practice, opportunities for our students and, most recently, the school’s diversity, equity and inclusion work.
The SMLR State Advisory Council members are:
- Robert Asaro-Angelo, Commissioner, Department of Labor and Workforce Development, State of NJ (Public)
- Lisa C. Charles, Arbitrator and Mediator (Public)
- Michael Dragun, Strategic Business & HR Consultant (Management)
- Aaron Fichtner, President, New Jersey Council of County Colleges (Public)
- Thomas P. Giblin, Business Manager, IUOE Local 68 (Labor)
- Lauren Jacobs, Executive Director, Partnership for Working Families (Public)
- Sheila Rostiac, Senior Vice President, Human Resources and Chief Human Resources Officer, PSE&G (Management)
- Robert Weakley, Deputy Chief, Human Resources, New Jersey Turnpike Authority (Management)
- Chris Whalen, Executive Director, Health Professionals and Allied Employees (HPAE)
- Charles Wowkanech, President, NJ AFL-CIO (Labor)
For more information, please contact Gabrielle Peterson (firstname.lastname@example.org).