The Driving Strategy & Execution module begins by examining the vision, mission and strategy of an organization to determine management’s top priorities and key business objectives. Using the Strategic Business Framework, participants will examine the value drivers influencing strategy such as Voice of the Customer and Voice of the Business to determine specific objectives for each stakeholder area. Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) will be associated with each objective created. An assessment of Breakthrough metrics by business unit will be used to evaluate and inform short-term and long-term goals as well as assessing area of impact on the strategy. A cascading process is applied by using the Strategic Business Framework to inform business unit goals, resources allocation, timing and communication. Dashboards and various monitoring tools are introduced for discussion around implementation.
This module has a pre-work assignment. The goal of the pre-work is to prepare participants to use the Strategic Business Framework. Pre-work includes reading two articles, How to Excel at Both Strategy and Execution and Leading Change.
Upon completion of this module, participants will be able to:
- Gain a high-level understanding of “Driving Strategy and Execution” through using a Strategic Business Framework and break through management approaches
- Identify the different steps of using a Strategic Business Framework and the breakthrough management process
- Create a draft Strategic Business Framework that aligns with organizational goals
- Review various types of dashboards and metrics for monitoring success
- Explore communication and change leadership principles associated with driving and executing strategy