This program will assist managers to better understand the value of business process improvement (BPI) to drive results. We will review and discuss; the importance of process improvement, learn about process definition, documentation and analysis, what process improvement approach is the most appropriate to implement – six sigma, lean or fundamental process improvement. Additionally, we will review the elements of chartering BPI teams and the critical success factors of change management for BPI initiatives.
Who Should Attend:
Managers and Directors with operational responsibilities who develop and deploy Process Improvement initiatives, look for methods to enhance customer satisfaction, and lead Performance Excellence and Quality programs.
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Improve your knowledge of overall Business process Improvement
- Learn the basic methods and concepts of BPI
- Apply BPI concepts to a business process
- Learn to Effectively Charter BPI Teams
- Review what BPI approach is best suited for your organization
- Understand the importance of managing change in process initiatives
1 day program - 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
All program materials will be housed on Rutgers Learning Management System called Sakai. Participants are encouraged to bring an iPad, laptop or other device that will allow you to view the materials in PDF format during each session. If you don't have a device you can download and print the materials prior to coming each week.
10% Alumni Discount (check box on registration form)
Group and Corporate Discounts Available; contact EPE
This course will cover the following topics:
- Why is BPI critical to organizational growth and success
- Customer requirements that effect Process Improvement
- Process Improvement Tools and Concepts
- Different approaches to BPI – Six Sigma, Lean,
- Importance of developing an effective Team Charter
- Understand that BPI means “Change” in the Organization
- Elements of Change Management in Process Improvement