The Program for Disability Research conducts and coordinates research on the economic, social, and political inclusion of people with disabilities. We focus on two broad areas: employment and political participation of people with disabilities.
Our research has been sponsored by several federal agencies: the U.S. Department of Labor, the U.S. Department of Education's National Institute of Disability and Rehabilitation Research, and the National Council on Disability. We have worked with several partners, including:
- Syracuse University, Burton Blatt Institute
- Cornell University, Employment and Disability Institute
- Rutgers University, Heldrich Center for Workforce Development
Click on the links below for the publications and presentations of the Program for Disability Research.
- Overviews of employment policy, barriers, and facilitators
- Employment levels and projections
- Workplace disparities and corporate culture
- Contingent and part-time work
- Job preferences
- Worker displacement
- Computer skills