The Master of Labor and Employment Relations (MLER) program produces graduates who are thoughtful professionals, informed leaders, and/or researchers grounded in contemporary reality. Graduates have careers in many types of organizations, ranging from corporations to non-profits, from unions to other social justice organizations, and from state or federal government agencies to public policy institutes. With our degree, you might:
- Manage employment relations for employers
- Build a career as a union professional
- Specialize in diversity, globalization, or other hot topics
- Get a great job in a government agency like the NLRB
- Lead a community or non-profit organization
- Combine labor relations with human resources
- Manage people well in many types of organizations
Explore Exciting Ideas with Top Instructors
- Classes both build skills and expand intellectual horizons
- Engaging real-world courses are taught by nationally-known scholars
- Part-time or full-time student is available
- Online courses increase your options
- Get both the employee and the employer perspective
It’s a Professional Program Helping You to:
- Be a role model for your family
- Move up at your current employer
- Teach others what you have learned
- Advance justice, diversity, or your other ideals
What Sets the MLER Program Apart?
- Expand your intellectual horizons from both the employee and employer perspective.
- Understand employment relations from a range of different perspectives, such as: labor, management, employees, citizen activists, and that of society as a whole.
- Acquire current, leadership skills needed to maximize your future professional employment opportunities in a work world of constant change.
- Build the professional skills that are appropriate for multiple and varied career goals.
- Join a supportive learning environment that values critical thinking and intellectual exchange and will connect you to a community of active scholars, teachers, learners, and involved citizens.
- Network with employment relations professionals in New Jersey.
- Courses are scheduled at times convenient for working adults. You may complete the MLER program on either a full-time or part-time basis.
We urge you to contact us for questions and help with your application.