Our expertise in education and career development focuses on the foundations that lead to women’s advancement in the workforce, including the development and implementation of policy in our education and workforce systems. Our initiatives work with local, state, and national organizations through funded research projects, experiential learning opportunities for youth, technical assistance to schools, industries, and organizations, and collaborations with government and policy-makers. Our Leadership through Equity and Diversity in Education (LEADE) initiative embodies much of this work, and ensures all learners access and success in high quality education and career programs, with professional development and institutional transformation models leading to greater equity outcomes.
Current funded projects
- Advancing Equity in Career and Technical Education for the US Education Department's Office of Career Technical and Adult Education (OCTAE), in partnership with Manhattan Strategy Group
- Technical Assistance for Implementing Career Pathways Initiative for USED's OCTAE, in partnership with Manhattan Strategy Group
- Support of the New Jersey State Employment and Training Commission's Council on Gender Parity in Labor and Education
Providing high quality professional development opportunities and technical assistance for educators and administrators, as well as experiential programs for students regarding current equity issues and research, with a focus on gender, race/ethnicity, and socio-economic status.
- Evaluation of training and intervention programs for women and underrepresented groups in formal and informal education and career advancement programs.
- Implementing research and organizational policy on professional women (e.g., women in law, financial services, and STEM).
- Promoting and educating our constituents on equity in high-skill, high-demand occupations within the context of the state, regional, and nation workforce.
- Career Equity Resource Center (CERC)
- Nontraditional Career Resource Center (NCRC)
- Research and outreach for the New Jersey Council on Gender Parity in Labor and Education including:
- Annual Women in Science and Technology Summit
- Women in Law projects (see report below)
- New Jersey REFLECT Initiative (an evaluation of use of electronic portfolios for assessment in K-12 schools)
- New Jersey's Women in Science and Technology, 2008 summit report
- Legal Talent at the Crossroads: Why New Jersey Women Lawyers Leave Their Law Firms, and Why They Choose to Stay, 2009 report
- Green Now! Women Leading the Way in Science and Technology, New Jersey's Science and Technology Workforce, 2009 summit report
- Taking Initiative: Re-tooling for an Economy that Can Handle Curves, New Jersey's Science and Technology Workforce, May 2010 summit report
Terri Boyer at 848-932-4614 or firstname.lastname@example.org.